Family Medicine Jobs in New York
Friday · April 19, 2019
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Coordinates and researches continuing education opportunities for the development of staff, within the Medical Center.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the Medical Center is located.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs.
- Schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls.
- Premise Health is looking for a friendly, team oriented, and experienced full time Lead Physician to provide Clinical Leadership and patient care at our Corporate Wellness Center located in our brand new Hudson Yards location in New York City.
- Practice evidence-based medicine where you are not paid for production.
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the Company.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for healthcare providers, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on scope of services.
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Medical Center Manager.
- Collaborates with other Medical Center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence-based data.
- Join a team that promotes a collaborative and supportive work environment to ensure happier and healthier patients!
- And provide consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues.
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients.
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment.
- A consistent weekly schedule, with no weekends or.
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to the Medical Center staff.
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients, as well as educates and advises patients on medical issues, as needed.
- May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers.
- The Lead Physician is responsible for the medical leadership, clinical oversight and direct patient care for this large, innovative company with a beautiful and progressive Wellness Center located in downtown New York City.
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the Medical Center environment by utilizing effective medical and people/performance management processes.
- Participates in the development of annual Medical Center goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the Client/account.
- Other duties as assigned, as well as other projects, as required to address specific medical needs.
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry.
- The Lead Physician is responsible for coaching our clinical team while fostering a positive, patient centered approach.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care.
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise (Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc.
- Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or Abms.
- 3 - 5 years' minimum in Family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or Occupational Health settings, Primary Care or Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in these practice areas.
- Identifies emergency situations, and provides care within the legal scope of practice.
- Provides referrals, both internally and externally, to appropriate medical resource or specialty.
- This is the opportunity to work collaboratively and meaningfully share ownership for outcomes and improvement in health.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the Medical Center.
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary healthcare to patients, depending on the needs of the Client.
- Minimum educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice,.
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates.
- May oversee and provide evidence-based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care.
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the Medical Center.
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process, being mindful of risk management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in New York, NY.
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment.
- Works in tandem with the Medical Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- A robust benefits package, including PTO, CME, and 401k.
- Maintains Electronic Medical Record software.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Nov 21.