Family Medicine Jobs in New York
Thursday · June 20, 2019
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Other duties as assigned, as well as other projects, as required to address specific medical needs.
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process, being mindful of risk management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships.
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production.
- Minimum educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice,.
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient.
- Provides referrals, both internally and externally, to appropriate medical resource or specialty.
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the Company.
- Less paperwork and administration time.
- The Medical Director reports directly to the Director, Client Operations, administratively, and to the Regional Medical Director, clinically.
- May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for healthcare providers, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope.
- The Medical Director is responsible for the medical leadership, clinical oversight and patient care for the Medical Center.
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to the Medical Center staff.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the Medical Center.
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the Medical Center environment by utilizing effective medical and people/performance management processes.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or Abms.
- Collaborates with other Medical Center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data.
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the Medical Center.
- Participates in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the Client/account.
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise (Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc.
- Maintains Electronic Medical Record software.
- May oversee and provide evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs.
- Schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls.
- Of services.
- And provide consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Medical CenterManager.
- 3 - 5 years' minimum in Family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or Occupational Health settings, Primary Care or Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas.
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure.
- Coordinates and researches continuing education opportunities for the development of staff, within theMedical Center.
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary healthcare to patients, depending on the needs of the Client.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the Medical Center is locate.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients.
- Participates in the development of annual Medical Center goals and objectives.
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in New York City, NY.
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates.
- A work life balance that is not just promised.
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment.
- Premise Health, the nation's leader in employer based healthcare, has an opening for Medical Director to provide Primary Care and clinical leadership in New York City, NY!
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment.
- Works in tandem with the Medical Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care.
- Identifies emergency situations, and provides care within the legal scope of practice.
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients, as well as educates and advises patients on medical issues, as needed.
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Nov 21.